Illinois goose hunting clubs start putting together guided hunts mid September to January. This ninety day hunting season doesn’t give local sportsmen a lot of time, so many look into bird hunting guides. These expert hunting services often have hunting rights on https://ammoshopinc.com/product/hornady-american-whitetail-30-06-springfield-150-grain-interlock-sp-500-rounds/ leased properties that they’ve been hunting on for years. Local wildlife conservation estimates several hundred thousand giant Canada Geese occupy Northern Illinois all year. Season in Illinois is September 1st to September 15th, and October 16th to January 8th. This ninety day season could be cut shorter if designated zones hit quotas before the season ends.
Things To Know About Illinois Goose Hunting Clubs And Guide Services:
– Illinois is made up of three major hunting zones which are the North, Central, and Southern quota zones. Some simple searches with the internet and you’ll find directories of hunting and fishing guide listings based on state region. Some Northern Illinois goose hunting guide services have fields located within one hour from downtown Chicago which is convenient for out of state visitors. Again, the season is fairly short and the window of opportunity to set up guided trips on club properties pertaining to Geese are: September 1st – 15th, and October 16th – January 8th.
– Average price is $150.00 US dollars per hunter per day. Group trips are very common which usually have four hunters including the guide in each pit.
– Location of the club is everything. Most local guides have a land leasing arrangement with property owners for the hunting rights. Many local guides have been hunting the same corn fields, lakes, and properties since they were a teenager. So you can imagine how in tuned local guides are with bird migration patterns and calling them in. According to various Conservation Districts the average Illinois goose hunter go’s out 1.8 times per year, and considering how difficult this type of challenge is, getting a guide can be an efficient use of your time.
– What’s included on a guided hunt? Guide services at particular clubs provide heated pits on the leased property, decoy set up, transportation to and from the pit, and an experienced guide and bird caller to get the geese within shooting range. When you see a professional bird caller in action, you’ll understand that theirs a lot of layers to this game.
– Look for Illinois goose hunting clubs that rotate hunting their fields. Not working the same fields every day during season keeps the pressure down and birds are less cautious. Also, check the clubs websites to see if they have access to ponds and lakes. Variety of terrain will keep things exciting and Illinois has the fields and lakes to deliver. Outfits that have hunting rights on multiple fields within a county are ideal because guides can follow flight patterns and be at the most productive spots.